HarCoDem

Representing Harford County, Maryland, this blog will connect local residents to the politcal scene. This site will occasionally mention Congressional Districts 01, 02, and 06, as well as the two senators and the Maryland Governor.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

CDA Convention, Day 2

Whenever I go to these conventions, I always seem to wake up at least 30 minutes before my alarm goes off. I'm in the central time zone and I'm easily waking up at 6-6:30Am (alarm set for 7) when I can barely get myself stirred up by 8am my time. Oh well.

Senator Evan Bayh sponsored a breakfast...when I say "sponsored", I more mean, 'hired a caterer'. Lite stuff, met up with some people I saw get smashed the night before (all in good fun).

Friday was the day of workshops. I attended "The Democratic Message" and "Fundraising" I should have gone to the other two...and maybe I did go to one of them...I just can't remember without looking at an agenda.

I sat in on the Faith and GLBT caucuses (jumping in and out of both rooms...no, I'm not gay x_x) and observed a number of people who just really want to be active. I see so many people who are going to be future advisors/politicians/lawyers, etc and that pumps me up. (As if the Dean Machine didn't do enough of that already)

I attended the Wesley Clark speech and then snuck into the secret meet and greet with him. I had to fight tooth and nail to get to him and have a picture taken (it's up on Gen. Clark's Facebook account...when I get a copy, I'll be posting it here). I'm sure he didn't know think of me when we met up (..."Oh, here's a guy in sunglasses indoors"). It was worth the picture though.

Elections for CDA are on Day 3, which I'll post a little later.

And a thing for all the locals back home...I bring hope. I'm going to help out the local campaigns...Ann Helton will be my first stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home